3 Steps for Putting Goals into Action
We all have goals, ideas that could make us more productive, happy, healthy, etc. The difference between a “do-er” and a dreamer lies within these three steps:
1. Come up with an idea and identify your goal-You have a general idea of what you want to do, “I want to organize my pantry,” however, you need to make it more specific. Come up with a list of ideas and write them down to help you create a plan on how you’d like to accomplish your goal. Some questions that you might like to ask yourself are…
- Who can help you complete this project?
- What materials might you need?
- When do you want to have your pantry complete by?
- How much are you willing to spend on this project?
These questions may vary due to your project, so think-Who, What, Where, When,Why (why is important, the answer to this question will power you through your project, especially on the days that you’re lacking motivation)
2. Find help if you need it-If you need it, make sure you find support before you start your project. If you’re organizing your pantry you may only need an extra pair of hands, unless you want to redesign your pantry. In that case, you may want to find a professional organizer or a contractor to help you create your pantry dream. If your goal is different, lets say losing weight, you may want to hire a personal trainer or find support from a friend to keep you on track.
3. Dig in!-It’s time to get started. You should break down your project into smaller tasks depending on what your goal is. Take baby steps. If it is organizing your pantry, break down your goal into smaller pieces by thinking, “I’ll get my spices complete first, then I’ll move onto canned goods.” It may be different if you’re trying to lose weight, you may break down your goal of losing 10 pounds to, “I want to lose 2 pounds every week.”
Keeping these 3 steps in mind while setting goals will ensure you to succeed. Remember, come up with a plan, find the help that you need, and execute. Now go get it!