I have all of my furniture, artwork is on the walls, and my office is almost completely set up.
*Takes deep breath*
I made it through the move! Everyday I wake up to a dream, a beautiful house which feels more like a home everyday that goes by. I love it! I have great neighbors and awesome restaurants that I can walk to, life is really good. While the move was stressful (okay VERY stressful) at times, I was able to keep sanity by organizing.
Walking out of this move, my tips would be:
- Purge through your stuff BEFORE the move
- Box “like” things and LABEL!!
- Prioritize which rooms and what you should unpack first.
- If things get emotional or stressful, take a break!
- And, have fun with it! As a kid, on the way to my grandparents shore house, my dad would always tell me to “enjoy the ride, because that’s half of the journey!”
If you have a big move coming up and need some extra hands packing, or need some help unpacking and organizing, give Orchid Professional Organizing a call. We will come give you a hand, and we’ll have a little fun while we’re at it!