I know we aren’t all morning people, but I think we can all agree that being successful is something that most of us want.
In my recent experience of starting my own business, I was very excited to know that I would be creating my own schedule. I started off by waking up and starting in my office by 8am—The issue with that was, next thing I knew I’d be looking at the clock and it would already be lunchtime.
So, I decided to do something I never thought I would do on my own will.
Even though I didn’t want to—I started to get up at 5 am! Best decision I’ve made for my business yet; I get to take my time waking up, complete a few house-keeping tasks before work and eat breakfast all before others are evening getting up for their workday. I’ve been accomplishing so much more with my business and feeling more energetic throughout the entire day.
I’m going to share some tips on how I made the transition towards waking up earlier:
- Set the timer on your coffee maker! There’s nothing like waking up to a fresh pot of coffee, especially on the cold mornings that are heading our way. Put on those fuzzy slippers, wipe the sleep out of your eyes, and go grab a cup of Joe! You’ll be moving in no time.
- Waking up with the sun: I made my transition while the sun was still coming out early, but soon enough, that will not be the case. I would suggest getting a sunrise alarm clock like this one: Sunrise Alarm Clock. I know that I’ll be purchasing one come daylight savings time. Note: Since writing this blog, the sun has made its changes-I did buy this clock, it works great! I find myself waking up before my alarm even sounds!
- Listen to music: Listening to music while I’m brushing my teeth and preparing to make my way downstairs kind of sets the mood for me. If I’m having a hard time getting up then I might listen to something a little more energetic. If I’m relaxed and enjoying my time up, I may put something a little more chill and low key on to ease my way into the day.
- Smile! Research shows that smiling, even if forced, makes you feel happier. I don’t know about you, but when I’m happy I am MUCH more productive! Click here for smile research
- Eat Breakfast: I don’t feel that eating breakfast right when you wake up is necessary, however, having fuel in my stomach always keeps me trucking along.
So, there you have it, my tips for waking up earlier.
I wish you as much success from waking up early that I’ve had!